By the 1950s, our church had established a tradition of generously supporting missionaries to spread the Gospel worldwide. At the same time, we were responding to an additional call: to more intentionally befriend, care for and love our neighbors on the blossoming south side of Indianapolis. Embracing this vision, in 1959, our congregation moved to a spacious modern campus in the center of Perry Township.
The building would eventually house Southport Presbyterian Christian School, Welcome Place Child Care and other community-focused ministries. In 1981, we planted a sister church. From our central location, we welcomed new generations into our family by teaching, sharing and witnessing Christ’s radical, transformational love.